Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hauntings at Mitchell Community College - Mooresville Center

Thank you for providing me a forum to share my experiences.

Allow me to give you a little background information concerning Mitchell Community College Mooresville Center. The college is located on Academy Street. The proprerty in which the college occupies was once home to Mooresville's first boy's academy.

Local folklore claims the incorporation for the Town Of Mooresville was signed on the property.

There is a building currently on the property that once served as the gymnasium for Mooresville Central High School and was constructed in the early 1900's. The Central High School closed it's doors in the mid 1900's.

The old gymnasium remained vacant until the early 1980's when it was purchased by Mitchell Community College and opened as Mitchell Community College's Mooresville Center. The old gymnasium was remodeled and used as classrooms for MCC-Mooresville.

I began working at MCC- Mooresville in 1997 as the evening director. My job was to supervise all college operations and close the college at night by insuring all staff/ students were out of the building before locking the classroom doors and arming the alarm system.

However, after two months of employment, I learned there are staff and students that never leave the building.

I experienced numerous paranormal events throughout my career with MCC-Mooresville.

One night in particular, I went to the old gym to close up for the night. The last class was scheduled to leave Room # 207 at 9:50 P.M., and according to my schedule it was a business management class. Therefore, I went to lock up Room # 207 at 9:50 P.M. as scheduled.

However, I realized the instructor was still teaching class. In an effort to not to be rude by interrupting class and asking them to leave; I opted to be patient. I stood outside the closed door and listened to the instructor lecture on stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. I looked at my watch and it said 10:00 P.M.

I made the decision to politely inform the instructor of the time and ask them to leave. As I stepped toward the door, he began dismissing class. I waited another five minutes and no one exited the class and I heard no one talking.

I opened the door and the classroom was empty. This event startled me because there were no other doors in the classroom except for the door which I was standing in front of for the past ten minutes.

This event was the first of many paranormal events.

In 2000, the college expanded and added a new building which connected to the old gymnasium. The paranormal events became very common after the construction of the new building. The new building was built in the same spot that the old Central High School once stood.

I had locked up for the evening and was preparing to go home. I decided to walk to the concession area (located in the basement of the old gymnasium) and get a soda. As you enter the basement, Room # 098 is on the left and has no windows nor exterior doors. The only door of the classroom faces the hallway which you must walk down to reach the concession area.

As I walked to the concession area there was a loud, grainy, raspy, female voice that said, "Come here! Boy!" from inside the dark room. Needless to say, I no longer wanted a soda and literally ran at full speed back to my office.

The elevator of the building was another area of frequent paranormal activitiy. The elevator was located where the new building connected to the old gymnasium.

One particular night, the only people in the building were myself and a nursing program director. At approximately 10:20 P.M. the nursing director was leaving for the night and as she waited for the elevator she heard a male voice coming from Room # 098. She stated she distinctly heard a very demanding voice teaching class and asked me whom was in the classroom. I stated to her that she and I were the only people in the building.

Therefore, we both walked down to the classroom and discovered no one was there. Upon further questioning, I asked the director what she heard. She stated the male voice said in a demanding way, "Open your History books to page 7!" "I said open your History book to page 7 !!!". The director then stated she heard someone slam their hand on a desk very hard.

There were many times when staff would report going into the building on weekends to catch up on some work and hear children laughing, playing, and running down the creaky wooden floors of the old gymnasium. However, when the staff went to investigate the noise, there were no children in the building.

I finally resigned from the college eight years later because the paranormal activitiy became more abundant.

On a nightly basis, when I was in my office alone, you could hear footsteps walking up the plastic coated stairs in front of my office. Moreover, due to fire regulations, we were required to leave the classroom doors closed. You could hear classroom doors being open and shut at the end of the hall at the elevator although I was the only person in the building.

Thank you for allowing me to share my stories. The paranormal events which I have described to you are all true and have solidified my belief in the supernatural.

This article was submitted by Robbie Puckett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home